Ross Park is a 43 acre park located on the south side of Mona Lake on Randall Road at Wellesley. Ross Park is also the scene of our annual Arts & Drafts Festival, held on the 3rd Saturday of August (plus bonus music on the Friday prior!)
Ross Park from above!
- Sandy beach area includes play equipment, a picnic area, a paved walkway and a volleyball area.
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the swimming area.
- Boat area – boats can park by the beach area for short periods of time for boaters who want to spend time at the shore area.
- Picnic area – the park contains approximately 400 picnic tables for use by the public. Permits are required for groups of 50 or more and are available at the Parks & Recreation office at City Hall. An application must be filled out and fee paid before a picnic permit can be issued.
- Picnic shelter – this shelter is available to be reserved in either of two time slots (9 am – 2:30 pm or 3:30 – 9 pm.) A permit is required by groups to reserve the picnic shelter – please see the application link above for specific costs. The shelter is large enough for approximately 12 picnic tables and has electricity available for groups who have reserved it.
- Volleyball area – nets are up during the summer season, bring your own volleyball to play.
- Ball fields – there are three slow pitch softball fields at Ross Park. These fields are used for the Norton Shores Slow pitch Leagues from April to September, Monday – Thursday evenings. They can also be used on a first-come, first-serviced basis on weekends. Permits for specific time periods are issued by the Parks Dept. in 2-hour increments on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting at 9 am. The fee is $15 per 2-hour time slot.
- Horseshoe Pits – bring your own horseshoes to play.
- Disc Golf Course – 9 hole course located on the east side of Wellesley. Map of the course
- Tennis courts – located across Randall Road. Area includes eight courts. Lights can be activated, using a button on the light pole, from dark until 10 pm during the summer months.
- Hours: 5 am – 10 pm
- Only emergency and service vehicles are allowed in the park.
- No lifeguards are on duty.
- No animals are allowed on the beach. Dogs are permitted, on a leash, in all other areas of the park. Mutt Mitts are available at dispensers at the park - please use them and help keep our park beautiful!
- No fires are allowed outside the picnic grills.
- Trash containers are for picnic trash only.
- Alcoholic beverages (no glass containers, please!) are only permitted in the picnic area.
- Camping is not permitted in the park.
- Hitting golf balls in the park is not permitted.